Scroll Down .or . Home
Around 1900, view of the Woodsville Freight Yard (bottom was D&Ps Pit Stop) looking from the Smith Street Dry Bridge to an area behind the Tegu Drive In.
The Passenger Engine Roundhouse was located in an area behind today's Riverview Market. Burned May 1907.
The Freight Roundhouse located where Sanel Auto Parts store and the Ames parking lot is now located.
Woodsville - Bath Covered Bridge and George W. Chamberlin farm in background, taken about 1876.
Street view taken from Railroad Street across from the present day Studio 125.
Woodsville railroad station burned April 1921.
Decoration Day parade on School Street honoring veterans of the GAR Grand Army of the Republic. The man with the white beard is probably George L. Thayer.
Parade on Central Street in front of Woodsville Bookstore in 1930's or 1940's.
The Parker House was on the site of the Mount Gardner Apartment Block until it burned September 1912.
Two of Woodsville hotels were located on the site of the Mount Gardner Apartment Block and parking area. The Hotel Wentworth burned in 1968.
View of former appearance of Central Street taken from today's Riverview Market.
Woodsville railroad station from atop a freight showing the Express offices and passenger railyard.
Woodsville Elementary School 1872 - 1901.
Woodsville Elementary School 1901 - 1961.
Court Street before street was paved.
Woodsville railroad station 1890 - 1921.
View on the Wooden Railroad covered bridge between Woodsville and Wells River, VT cirri 1902. This bridge was replaced by a steel bridge in 1903.
View on the new Railroad bridge between Woodsville and Wells River, VT circa 1903 - 07.
View from Mt. Gardner circa 1871 - 74 showing the original station and train sheds on the BC&M RR
The Railroad YMCA was located on the current site of the Post Office building. Originally a private residence ( E. B. Mann family) , the YMCA leased the building in 1900. In 1901 an emergency room was set up in this building for men injured on the railroad. This predated the Cottage Hospital which began operation in 1903. Later the building housed the offices of Dr. F. E. Spear 1916 - 1941.
bridge76.jpg Woodsville - Bath Covered Bridge and George W. Chamberlin farm in background taken about 1876.